The data center power market has been valued at USD 23.41 billion, and is forecasted to register a CAGR of 8.54% to reach USD 38.09 billion. Programmable power unlocks new efficiencies and agility, which is a key trend. A combination of lithium-ion batteries and other new forms of energy storage, along with configurable and intelligent management tools, data center operators will have a new set of levers to help improve data center performance. Also AI-based approaches to analyzing data center risk and efficiencies, including via new cloud services, will be proven at scale, driving mainstream acceptance and high levels of adoption, which will drive the market in future.
– Rising adoption of mega data centers is driving the market. Implementing fewer mega data centers depending on their locations, can allow a company to enjoy advantages of certain local benefits with low energy prices, climate, or availability of alternative energy sources. Virtualization dramatically improves hardware utilization and enables firm to reduce the number of power-consuming servers and storage devices.
– Rising adoption of cloud computing is driving the market leading to the rise of vast hyperscale cloud data centers. According to Cisco, data center traffic is growing fast and is expected to reach 19.5 zettabytes (ZB) per year by 2021 with factors such as growth of Internet of Things (IoT) applications like smart cars, smart cities, and connected health devices. Microsoft’s Azure cloud has been carbon-neutral and half of the energy it uses already comes from 1.2 gigawatts of wind, solar, and hydro-electric sources, which the company expects to make 60 percent by 2020 and 100 percent at some point down the line for their data center infrastructure.
– However, higher investment is restraining the market growth as primary areas of investment are cabling, power facility, and data center infrastructure management (DCIM) solutions which require high cost during the initial investment.
Click Here to Download Sample Report >> https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-81137
Scope of the Report
The data center power market is growing as various data center designers are currently adopting advanced power distribution and management solutions to attain energy efficiency at lesser Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) ratios. Many facilities across the global market are adopting 2N redundant UPS systems to cope with various feed design of the facility and frequent failure including energy efficient solution in other segments such as PDU, Busway, etc.
Key Market Trends
Hyperscale Data Center in Large Technology Enterprises is Gaining Significant Market Share
– Data centers with thousands of servers of different ages are present in large giants and when a server is plugged in, it consumes electricity non-stop over a 24-hour. Such data centers require continued advancements in server rack design and storage systems to cope with major growth in energy consumption. Hyperscale data centers operate servers at higher utilization in infrastructure-efficient spaces which can yield significant overall energy savings.
– Hyperscale datacenters are used by enterprises that maintain thousands of servers and store vast amounts of data and some will approach the Exascale (1×1018 bytes of total storage capacity) levels by 2020. Hyperscale data centers seek efficiency to lower costs. These new levels of efficiency let the firm restructure cooling requirements, lower energy bills, and it allows to put more compute in for the same amount of cooling.
– Scalability is a major feature of these new age data centers and the servers are more constructed for customization fit. Cloud-based companies, such as Google and Facebook, build supercomputers to accommodate their hyperscale needs based on this formula. Many run on Linux and use components from multiple suppliers along with cutting-edge resources, such as New Photonic Connectors and embedded optical modules to enhance more power savings.
– In Sep 2018, Facebook built a hyperscale data center in Singapore, which is supported by 100 percent renewable energy. Data center is incorporated with new State Point Liquid Cooling (SPLC) system by which this technology minimizes water and power consumption and according to the testing, infrastructure can reduce peak water usage by more than 20 percent in climates like Singapore.
Data Center Power Market Size: A Latest Research Report to Share Insights and Dynamics 2022-2031
Unified Communication-as-a-Service in Banking Market Size Analysis, Segments, Growth and Value Chain 2022-2031
3D Telepresence Market Size Outlook By Share, Future Growth and Forecast 2022-2031
Enterprise Mobility in Banking Market Size|Global Opportunities, Share, Emerging Trends, Technological Innovation and Forecasts 2022-2031
India Desktop Virtualization Market Size: Business overview, Upcoming Trends and Top Company Analysis Forecast 2022-2031
Marketing Automation Software Market Size: Regional Segment Analysis, forecast and market revenue 2022-2031
Wireless Mesh Networking Market Size & Business Planning, Innovation to See Modest Growth 2022-2031