Smile releases TextExpander for Windows v2.4 with significant improvements, including enhanced user interface and feature parity with TextExpander for macOS.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA, UNITED STATES, December 15, 2020 /EINPresswire.com/ — Smile, the developer of productivity applications for macOS®, Windows®, Chrome™, iPhone® and iPad®, today released an update for TextExpander, the popular Windows typing shortcut tool for smarter communication. Teams and individuals using TextExpander will experience improved performance and a refreshed appearance.
TextExpander for Windows brings near feature parity with TextExpander for macOS including sorting options, duplicating snippets & groups, and customizing display fonts, among others. These new features enable better organization and easier editing.
TextExpander for Windows users will benefit from a cleaner, newly-updated user interface that makes it easier to manage and navigate snippets. This update, plus the recently-added Quick Actions, significantly improves productivity.
“We’re pleased to bring the bulk of TextExpander for macOS features to TextExpander for Windows,” said Philip Goward, co-founder of Smile. “We’re excited to bring a seamless experience to cross-platform TextExpander users.”
TextExpander lets you instantly insert snippets of text from a repository of emails, boilerplate, and other content as you type – using a quick search or abbreviation. Multiply your productivity across your team with TextExpander’s built-in sharing which keeps company communication current, accurate, and consistent with clients, customers, and one another.
TextExpander is $7.96 per user per month for the Team plan, which offers robust data and user management, billing, and statistics. TextExpander is as little as US $3.33 per month for individuals on the Life Hacker plan.
– Insert standard greetings, text, and signatures, including formatted text and pictures
– Type custom abbreviations that expand to longer “snippets” of text and images
– Correct typos automatically (Add them to your snippet library and/or use one of the included AutoCorrect snippet groups for English, French or German)
– Integrated TextExpander account and Apps
– Share snippets easily via email invite, set edit permissions
– Manage sharing across your team with a TextExpander Organization
– Use fill-in-the-blank snippets to create custom forms with multiple field types and sections
– Position the cursor wherever you want in your expanded snippet
– Automatically insert clipboard content in a snippet
– Organize snippets into groups
– Search snippets via keyboard shortcut
– Search and expand snippets, abbreviations, and suggestions inline as you type
– HTML, CSS, AutoCorrect, Accented Words, Symbols, Emoji snippet groups included
– Internet Productivity snippet group (shorten long URLs automatically)
– Insert the current date and time in any format you prefer
– Date/time math (add or subtract years, months, days, hours, minutes, seconds from current date and time)
– Available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
– TextExpander for Windows requires Windows 10 or later
US $3.33 / month for a Life Hacker plan for individuals.
US $7.96 / user / month for a Team plan.
Monthly pricing available.
Smile develops productivity software for Mac, Windows, Chrome, iPhone, and iPad. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, Smile is a closely-knit, geographically diverse company with roots in the Mac community. We have proudly served our customers for over a decade. We create. We solve. We ship.
Sign up for a free TextExpander trial at https://textexpander.com.
Smile. Software that’s just right.
Follow Smile on Twitter:
Kipp Chambers (+1-303-886-7022, MST)
Greg Scown (+1-510-289-4000, PST)
350 Bay St., Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94133
TextExpander: The Simply Indispensable Tool For Busy People