The India retail fuel market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 4% over the period of 2020 – 2025. Fostered by the rise in per capita income, and increasing commercial and industrial sector, the demand for fuel is likely to increase during the forecast period, which in turn will help the market for retail fuel to grow. However, the high cost of petrol and diesel is likely to restrain the growth of the Indian retail fuel market in the coming years.
– The privately-owned sector is expected to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period, owing to factors like liberalization of India’s retail fuel market.
– India is a developing country with huge potential for demand increase of petroleum products in the future. This is expected to create an excellent opportunity for retail fuel players in the country.
– The rise in vehicle sales caused by the increase in the average income of Indians is the major driving factor behind the retail fuel market in India. The GDP per capita of India increased from USD 998.52 in 2008 to USD 2009.97 in 2018. This has led to a rise in the overall spending of average Indian consumers leading to a rise in the commercial sector, which in turn leads to a rise in sales of commercial vehicles and also a rise in sales of personal vehicles.
Get a PDF Sample for more detailed market insights: https://www.sdki.jp/sample-request-87780
Key Market Trends
Private Owned Sector to Dominate the Market
– Private owned sector is expected to witness significant growth in the forecast period, owing to factors like rising fuel demand, and liberalization of the retail fuel sector in the country.
– In 2019, the Indian government opened up its retail transportation fuel sector to non-oil companies, a move that is expected to intensify competition in a segment dominated by state refiners, while private and global oil majors seek to expand their presence.
– Unlike developed countries, such as the United States and the United Kingdom, where fuel demand has stagnated, Indian fuel demand is accelerating – rising at a modest rate in the past few years. The consumption volume of petroleum products in India rose from 148.13 million metric tons in FY 2012 to 211.03 million metric tons in FY 2019. This, combined with the liberalization of the retail fuel sector, is expected to significantly help the private players in the retail fuel market in the country.
– While in 2013, non-PSU owned retail fuel outlets had only 5.1% of the share of the total number of outlets at 2487, the share grew to 10.2% in 2019 at 6680 outlets. Daily price revision & dynamic pricing, which provides greater pricing flexibility and offsets the decline of margins, are also expected to help the private players.
– Therefore, with the increase in the demand for fuel and the rise in the sales of passenger vehicles (PV) and two-wheelers, the private-owned sector is expected to rise significantly in the forecast period.
India Retail Fuel Market
Timing Relay Market
Europe Wind Power Equipment Market
South America Gas Generator Market
North America Wind Power Equipment Market
Solid Control Equipment Market
Solid State Transformer Market
Pneumatic Conveying Systems Market
Power Electronics Market
Data Logger Market