The MEMS Accelerometer and Gyroscope Market is expected to register a CAGR of 9.73% over the forecast period. Microelectromechanical system (MEMS) sensors offer several advantages, such as accuracy and reliability, and the potential to make smaller electronic devices. As a result, they have gained significant traction in the past few years. Accelerometers and gyroscopes are the MEMS sensors of choice for providing acceleration and rotational information in drones, cellphones, automobiles, airplanes. Further, industrial automation and demand for miniaturized consumer devices, such as wearables and IoT-connected devices, among others, across regions, are among the significant factors driving the MEMS Accelerometer and Gyroscope market.
– The accelerometer and gyroscope individually provide substantial advantages to the navigation system; however, both have a scope of the data uncertainty. Preferably both of these sensors collecting data on the same phenomena and merging their output data is an appropriate option in various applications. This can be efficient with a sensor fusion strategy that combines sensory data from disparate sources and generate information that has less uncertainty. When connecting the 3D accelerometer and 3D gyroscope data, it is most useful to have both functions coexist in the same device. An example of such a device is the STMicroelectronics LSM6DS3HTR 3D accelerometer and 3D gyroscope. Appropriate applications include a pedometer, motion tracking, gesture detection, and tilt functions.
Click Here to Download Sample Report >> https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-90215
Key Market Trends
Automotive is Expected to Hold Significant Share
– The MEMS accelerometer and gyroscope play an essential role in improving the safety features of vehicles. With the evolution of autonomous driving, the demand for these sensors is expected to increase multiple -fold for safety -based applications and create opportunities in the market. In March 2019, the European Commission announced a revision of the General Safety Regulations to make autonomous safety technologies a mandatory requirement for vehicles manufactured in Europe, in a bid to bring down accident levels in the region. Stringent regulations are pushing the automotive vendors to implement the latest MEMS sensor-based systems. This is creating opportunities for the market.
– Further, crash sensing for airbag control is driving the demand for inertial MEMS sensors. Companies, such as Analog Devices, Bosch, and STMicroelectronics, among others, have been instrumental in developing MEMS-based accelerometer sensors specified for a temperature range extending from -40 C to +125 C, which is suitable for enabling passive safety during the crash. Companies, such as STMicroelectronics, offer automotive-grade MEMS sensors, the ASM330LHH, to meet the current sensor demands from modern cars. The sensor integrates a 3 D digital accelerometer, gyroscope, and hardware to address automotive in non -safety applications
North America is Expected to Hold Major Share
– North America accounts for significant market growth due to its various applications in the healthcare, automotive, and defense sectors. With the high use of MEMS sensors in the advanced healthcare equipment such as Bio-MEMS is expected to drive the demand for MEMS sensors in the region. Government entities in the region are also investing extensively in the manufacturing facilities of the MEMS-based microfluidic chips.
– Moreover, according to the National Health Expenditure Accounts (NHEA), the healthcare spending in the United States grew by over 4.6% in 2018 and has reached USD 3.6 trillion or USD 11,172 per person accounting for 17.7% of its GDP indicating investment in addressing these trend and is anticipated to complement the MEMS sensor market demand.
MEMS Accelerometer and Gyroscope Market Size Prospects & Upcoming Trends and Opportunities Analyzed for Coming Years 2022-2031
Dye-sublimation Printing Market Size: Industry Development Scenario and Forecast 2022-2031
Wearable Robots and Exoskeletons Market Size key Insights Based on Product Type, End-use and Regional Demand 2022-2031
Smart Motors Market Size: Key Facts and Forecast Predictions Presented 2022-2031
Tunnel Automation Market Size Study Reveals Growth Factors and Competitive Outlook for Future 2022-2031
Smart Pneumatics Market Size Analysis, Latest Trends, Demand and Forecast 2022-2031
Construction Robots Market Size Detailed Analysis of Current Industry Figures with Forecasts Growth 2022-2031