The Middle-East gas turbine MRO market in the power sector is expected to register a CAGR of over 2% during the forecast period.
– Factors, such as the aging fleet of gas turbine, need to maintain operational efficiency, and stringent emissions norms from power plants, are expected to be major drivers driving the market. The increasing demand for cleaner energy from gas turbines over concerns of the environmental impact of energy generation from coal fired plants, is expected to help grow the gas turbine MRO market in the power sector market.
– However, the increasing shift toward renewable energies, such as solar and wind for power generation, has somewhat hampered the growth of the market.
– The maintenance sector is expected to dominate the market in the forecast period, owing to various factors, such as an increase in power generation from gas-based plants due to rising concerns over greenhouse gas emissions, maintaining the efficiency of the turbine, and stringent emissions norms on power plants.
– The increasing demand for electrical energy to sustain global development requires consistent heavy investments in power supply generation. This has helped the market for gas turbines MRO market in power sector grow significantly in recent years and is expected to do so in forecast period.
– Saudi Arabia is expected to dominate the market growth in the region, investments in gas based power generation plant, and aging gas-based power plants, are expected to drive the market in forecast period.
Get a Sample Copy of this Report with Graphs and Charts: https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-87593
Key Market Trends
Maintenance Sector to Dominate the Market
– The increase in the production of electricity has shifted the global focus on the development of gas-fired power plants. The greenhouse gases emitted from gas-fired power plants are comparatively lower than that emitted from coal-fired power plants. Moreover, the demand for peak power is increasing globally, which can be most effectively met by gas-based power generation.
– The increase in the number of gas-based power generation plants leads to growth in the gas turbine MRO market, while a gas turbine might need an engine repair or replacement in 4-5 years, the maintenance starts soon after installation.
– The most recent wave of additions, gas-based power plants saw a peak in 2002, with the majority of them added between 1998 and 2008. Thus, the equipment installed in approximately all the gas-fired power plants, across the globe, is expected to require significant MRO services during the forecast period.
– Furthermore, the electricity demand is expected to increase in the future fueled by the electrification of the automobile. Several countries have adopted targets of phasing out the sale of passenger cars running on fossils. Among the first to set targets are Costa Rica and Norway, with 2021 and 2025 defined as targets, respectively.
– Therefore, factors, such as increased access to electricity, rise in number of electric vehicles, and increased concerns over greenhouse gas emissions from coal based power plants, are expected to help drive the gas turbine market in power sector, which, in turn, is expected to drive the gas turbine maintenance market in power sector.
Saudi Arabia to Dominate the Market
– Saudi Arabia is expected to dominate the market growth in the forecast period, due to an increase in energy demand, and natural gas usage in the region.
– The country’s national oil company Saudi Aramco has aimed at doubling its gas production by 2030, most of which will be used for domestic purposes like power generation. This have created a huge opportunity for the gas turbine MRO market in the power sector in the country.
– The country saw a growth of over 112% in electricity generation from gas from 109.5 TWh in 2008 to 233 TWh in 2018. Electricity generation from gas is expected to see significant growth in the country in the forecast period, owing to the government’s efforts to shift from oil to gas as a source for electricity generation.
– Therefore, the aforementioned factors are expected to drive the market in the forecast period, similar to the trend witnessed in recent years.
Middle-East Gas Turbine MRO Market in the Power Sector Size Opportunities, Size, Share, Emerging Trends, Technological Innovation and Forecasts 2022-2031
Neuromorphic Chip Market Size: Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2022-2031
Industrial Radiography Testing Market Size: Key Vendors, Trends, Analysis, Segmentation, Forecast 2022-2031
Bluetooth LED Bulb Market Size Projected to Deliver Greater Revenues during the Forecast Period 2022-2031
Safety Sensors Market Size Development Status, Top Manufacturers, and Forecasts 2022-2031
Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Equipment Market Size Future Scope, Demands and Projected Industry Growths 2022-2031