The non-lethal weapons market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 4.56% during the forecast period (2021-2026). The market is expected to grow from USD 4.33 billion in 2020 to USD 5.67 billion in 2026.
– The outbreak of the pandemic has not significantly impacted the growth of the non-lethal weapons market. In several countries, non-lethal weapons were used to disperse the crowd during the lockdown. Protests related to Black Lives Matter increased the purchase of non-lethal weapons in 2020, especially in the US which is the largest market for non-lethal weapons.
– Increasing armed violence and political tensions have resulted in governments across the world taking precautions and arming the military and the police forces with non-lethal weapons. Instances of civilian violence and clashes with armed forces in North America and the Asia-Pacific region have led to the deployment of non-lethal weapons.
– These factors may continue to drive the demand for non-lethal weapons, as law enforcement agencies try to reduce fatalities and casualties in such events, which may help the market during the forecast period.
– Lack of proper training on the use of non-lethal weapons has resulted in serious injuries. Restrictions on the use of non-lethal weapons by the governments and objections raised by human rights organizations have acted as a barrier for the full-scale adoption of non-lethal weapons.
– Significant work on electroshock and directed energy weapons is underway, which is expected to bring a revolution in the field of non-lethal weapons in future.
Request Sample For More Insights@ https://www.sdki.jp/sample-request-112825
Key Market Trends
Military Segment to Exhibit the Highest Growth Rate During the Forecast Period
The role of armed forces or military has changed significantly as their involvement in policing the civilian populations has increased. In today’s world, military units are involved in ongoing international conflicts that bring them into direct contact with civilian populations. Soldiers deployed in humanitarian roles are subject to strict rules of engagement threat. This has generated the need for less lethal bullets and ammunition for use in perimeter security, crowd and riot control, and pilfering situations. Militaries are prepared to operate in the MOOTW (Military Operations Other Than War), where the use of lethal force is not permissible. With rubber bullets, batons, foam, bean bag rounds, and sponges failing to serve their less-lethal purpose effectively, there is a growing demand for weapons that can fulfill the goal of pain compliance without the risk of fatality.
In some instances, the military units face threats from insurgents who intermingle with the civilian population to engage in asymmetrical tactics. In such situations, less-lethal ammunition solutions can provide a way to deal with insurgents without posing a fatal threat to the civilian population. The US Army recently introduced a new non-lethal weapon to support its soldiers in Afghanistan. The new weapon known as the Variable Kinetic System (VKS) has been developed by PepperBall Technologies. The weapon fires projectiles like paintballs containing a hot pepper solution. The projectiles have a range of around 50 yards, and the irritant contains 5% pelargonic acid vanillylamide (PAVA), along with a synthetic version of pepper spray. The weapon can carry up to 180 rounds in “hopper mode”. The Army awarded a USD 650,000 contract for the weapons and purchased 267 of the weapons that are currently used for training. There are several other LLW (Less Lethal Weapons) applications that are being developed for the military. These include technologies, such as acoustic, microwave, infrared, radio frequency-based, and laser in nature. The development of these technologies will require new delivery systems and expensive R&D. Hence, there is an economic advantage to non-lethal weapons that can be implemented using existing delivery systems.
–Related Trending Reports:-
Precious Metal Catalysts Market
Solar Photovoltaic Glass Market
Energy Storage Systems Market
Compressed Air Energy Storage Market
Diesel Power Engine Market
Digital Oilfield Market
Mobile Power Plant Market
Recloser Control Market
Turbine Control System Market
Variable Speed Generator Market