The protective clothing for life sciences was valued at USD 2643.69 million in 2019, and is expected to reach USD 3804.75 million by 2025, registering a CAGR of 6.1%, during the period. Generally, the relative growth of the life sciences segments is linked to the expenditure of the regional markets for healthcare and innovation. Currently, almost all economies, especially developing economies are increasing their spending on healthcare and innovation.
– In the life sciences industry, where safety and isolation from the external environment are considered to be a pre-requisite, the use of protective clothing has become mandatory. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) have been at the forefront of publishing standards for ensuring continual improvement of health and safety at workplaces. Other organizations, such as APIC (Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology) and AAMI (Association for Advancement of Medical Instrumentation) offer widely accepted classification systems for use of protective apparel based on the surroundings.
– There is a continuous growth in healthcare spending. According to a report from AltarumCenter for Value in Healthcare, in 2016, 2017, and the first half of 2018, total health expenditure and spending on US healthcare services have been growing at annual rates between 4.3% and 4.8%.
– According to IEEE, with 33% of people who are more than 60 years old in 2050, healthcare systems, centered on the dependent persons, represent an important challenge for the future. So, there has been continuous automation in this sector. For instance, the application of optimization, scheduling, simulation, and modeling approaches to improve healthcare systems.
– However, increased demand for outsourcing and automation in pharmaceutical Manufacturing may hinder the market growth.
Get a PDF Sample for more detailed market insights: https://www.sdki.jp/sample-request-79495
Scope of the Report
The life sciences sector can be broadly categorized into three major segments, namely pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical technology (devices and diagnostics). Protective clothing is often seen as a last line of defense for providing safety to workers from the environment. Owing to the emerging trend in the pharmaceuticals market, demand for protective clothing to be used in the preclinical and early-phase drug is expected to experience increased demand. For example, the Chinese market in addition to traditional medicine is vibrant with preclinical and early-phase drugs, and it is a growing nucleus of biotech activity and creates opportunities in the region.
Key Market Trends
Disposable Clothing Type to Dominate the Market
– For lab technicians and others who are needed to maintain sterile environments or otherwise require protection from contaminants, the need for protective clothing emerges.
– However, when there is a need to protect oneself from harmful substances, as well as to make sure those substances would not track anywhere else, disposable garments and products are the economical alternatives to the fabric.
– According to the WHO 2018 report, non-communicable diseases (NCDs), such as cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, and chronic respiratory diseases are currently responsible for almost 71% of global deaths. Such instances indicate the opportunity for growth in the healthcare sector in these segments and regions, which is expected to indirectly impact the market over the forecast period, positively.
– The increasing number of clinical trials in the life sciences industry is expected to fuel the demand for the protective clothing market over the forecast period.According to the National Institute for Health Research, the highest number of participants was recorded during 2018–2019, with 870,250 registering for clinical research across England.
Protective Clothing Market for Life Sciences
Cloud Identity and Access Management Software Market
Energy Efficient Elevators Market
Mobile Analytics Market
Advanced Authentication Market in Public Sector Enterprises
Holographic TV Market
In-memory Computing Market
Ransomware Protection Market
Smart Transportation Market