The global security screening market was valued at USD 6.96 billion in 2022, and it is expected to reach a value of USD 9.14 billion by 2031, registering a CAGR of 5.10% over the forecast period.With the rising terror attack threats at various public and critical infrastructure, security screening plays very critical role, especially for the places such as railways, airports, border checkpoints, government organizations and private sectors, and many others to help reduce and mitigate the associated risk factor.
– Security screening enable the assurance from threat against unethical and unlawful practices and protecting financials and humans. Security screening using various technologies such as X-ray scanners, biometric matching, and metal detectors, that are getting very popular at the security checkpoints for expediting the process.
– The application of security screening has witnessed a positive shift toward a more technologically-advanced approach with the rising demand for enhanced security across the world. Many countries have increased spending on new security equipment and on upping their security measures across its various end-user sectors, further aided by the increasing global demand for homeland security worldwide, which is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period.
– The aviation industry is expected to hold the largest market share and is expected to continue its dominance over the forecast period, owing to the robust rise in the number of airports and consequent air passenger traffic. The threat of terrorist attacks and security standards set international authorities, including IATA, ICAO, and ACI are among the two most influential drivers sustaining the market studied.
– Use of e-passport has also gained a traction in recent years. Till date, there are more than 100 countries across world that are issuing e-passport to fast forward the boarding systems. The rise of automated border control has driven the adoption of automated security screening systems. For instance, United Airlines partnered with TSA (Transportation Security Administration) and added over 60 automated security screening lanes across the airport in the United States. TSA also mentioned that, these automated security screening reduced a security screening time by over 30%.
Click Here to Download Sample Report >> https://www.sdki.us/sample-request-79590
– Moreover, except the sudden disruption linked to COVID19, the international tourism, has been increasing rapidly over the recent years, due to growing middle class expenditure towards travel in the emerging economies. The worldwide revenue accumulation from air travel passengers are forecasted to account USD 581 billion in 2020, as per IATA.
Key Market Trends
Airports to Hold Major Share
– The global aviation industry is observing a significant influx of passengers, and commercial air traffic is on the rise, owing to which airports are increasingly adopting innovative security screening solutions. According to IATA, the revenue of commercial airlines globally in 2018 stood at USD 812 billion and expected to reach USD 872 billion by 2020.
– Moreover, the security coverage across the airport facilities is critical and global spending on enhancing airport security is on the rise; a prominent share of spending is expected to be towards incorporating new technologies in both hardware and software.
– Also, airports across the world are highly regulated and require upgraded technological solutions in screening; with constant developments and upgrades, the demand for screening solutions in this space holds a significant share of the market. For instance, according to Government Accountability Office (GOA) report on Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) screening equipment in 2019, it found that their security screening protocols across the US airports were out of date.
– Apart from passenger screening, the demand for cargo screening is on the rise; vendors are increasingly developing solutions to cater to the growing demand. For instance, in March 2020, Rapiscan System’s ORION series qualified for air cargo screening by TSA; the products come in two variants, baggage & parcel inspection (920DX) and large parcel & small cargo (928DX).
– Besides, airport authorities across the world are mandating the use of new technologies and a particular type of screening products to enhance security; this is expected to further augment the demand over the coming years. For example, the UK has mandated that all major airports across the country install state-of-the-art 3D cabin baggage screening equipment by December 2022. The new CT scanners enable passengers to keep liquids and electrical equipment in their cabin baggage.
Asia-Pacific to Witness Highest Growth
– China is a major hub for air travel across the globe, with almost 238 civil airports in the country, as of 2019. According to the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) ‘s 13th Five Year Plan (2016 – 2020), China is anticipated to continue new airport construction including the Beijing Daxing International Airport which is one of the significant new airport under construction and part of its 44 new airport construction projects; Chengdu Tianfu Airport will be the 2nd largest new airport project in China. This gives several companies a market opportunity to sell their airport security equipment and services.
– In India rapid urbanization, population growth, expansion of industries, infrastructure and mass transportation systems are driving the expectations for enhanced safety and security measures specifically in critical national infrastructure sectors such as government research facilities, communication networks, defense establishments, emergency and disaster management systems, ports, critical manufacturing facilities, healthcare facilities, oil refineries, power plants, and mass transportation systems.The security screening market in India consists of different system integrators, local manufacturers, distributors and consultants, and service providers, and the industry is highly fragmented.
Security Screening Market Size Detailed Analysis of Current Industry Figures with Forecasts Growth 2022-2031
Ultrasonic Sensors Market Size Growth Analysis, Outlook by – Trends, Opportunities and Forecastt 2022-2031
4K Display Resolution Market Size Estimation, Global Share, Industry Outlook, Price Trend, Growth Opportunity and Top Regional Forecast 2022-2031
South and Central America Smart Meters Market Size Global Industry Overview By Size, Trends & Growth Forecast 2022-2031
OLED Panel Market Size Regional Trend & Growth Projections 2022-2031