Reprocessing of single-use devices (SUDs) helps in saving costs and reducing medical wastes. The reuse of single-use devices involves regulatory, ethical, medical, legal, and economic issues and has been extremely controversial for more than two decades. However, due to its cost-saving nature and sustainability, single-use reprocessing of medical devices is now gaining recognition as a promising prospect. Along with cost reduction, it also results in environmental sustainability. SUD reprocessing is one of the top healthcare supply chain strategies used to reduce costs and optimize resources.
Key Market Trends
Click Here to Download Sample Report >> https://www.sdki.jp/sample-request-88860
Class II Device Segment is Poised to Register Robust Growth
– Based on device type, the market has been segmented into Class I and Class II devices. Class II devices are expected to record the highest CAGR, owing to the increasing number of cardiac interventions and the consequent economic load demand for assessing SUDs’ reuse.
– The American Society of Cardiac Arrhythmias issued a favorable opinion to the reprocessing of electrophysiological devices to FDA. FDA classifies electrophysiological cardiac catheters in Class II surgical devices and allows its reprocessing in the United States.
– However, the overall reduction in the cost of these devices over the past few years and the difficulty in assuring complete disinfection have given rise to the need to reuse them, which is expected to propel the market growth.
United States to Dominate the Single-use Medical Device Reprocessing Market
– The United States accounted for the largest market. The United States is followed by the European countries, which is the next leading region, in terms of revenue. Moreover, the single-use medical device reprocessing market is growing in Asia-Pacific, and the reuse of single-use devices in most of Asia is becoming common.
– However, for the most part, there are no national regulations governing the reuse of SUDs, and thus, third-party reprocessors do not offer their services in most of the emerging economies of the Asia-Pacific region.
Single-use Medical Device Reprocessing Market Size: Industry Development Scenario and Forecast 2022-2031
Proton Pump Inhibitors Market Size Prospects & Upcoming Trends and Opportunities Analyzed for Coming Years Forecast 2022-2031
Contact Lenses Market Size Analysis Covering Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Upcoming Opportunities Forecast 2022-2031
Veterinary Vaccines Market Size Projections & Future Opportunities Recorded for the Period Forecast 2022-2031
Anti-fungal Drugs Market Size Outlook and Growth Stance Forecast 2022-2031
China Bariatric Surgery Market Size: Industry Development Scenario and Forecast 2022-2031
South Korea Wound Care Management Market Size Assessment & Opportunity Forecast 2022-2031